Peter Henry Rolfs Collection
Scope and Content
Language of Materials
In 1920, Rolfs accepted an invitation to establish and direct an agricultural school in the Brazilian state of Minas Gerais. Rolfs served as Director of the Escola Superior de Agricultura e Veterinaria do Estado de Minas Gerais, em Viscosa, until 1929, when he became a technical consultant (Consultor Technico) on agricultural affairs for the State of Minas Gerais. He retired in 1932. During his stay in Brazil, Rolfs was assisted by his daughter, Clarissa, who functioned as his personal secretary, translator, and advisor. After 1932, Professor Rolfs and Clarissa traveled throughout Brazil, South America, and the United States studying agricultural education. He died in 1944.
5.8 Linear feet (22 boxes)
- Agricultural extension work.
- Agriculture -- Experimentation.
- Agriculture -- Study and teaching.
- Brazil -- Minas Gerais.
- Citrus fruit industry.
- Escola Superior de Agricultura e Veterinaria do Estado de Minas Gerais.
- Florida Cooperative Extension Service.
- Leprosy -- Research.
- University of Florida. Agricultural Experiment Station.
- University of Florida. Herbarium.
- A Guide to the Peter Henry Rolfs Collection
- Finding aid prepared by Dept. Staff
- January 2006
- Description rules
- Finding Aid Prepared Using Dacs
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Description is written in English.
Part of the Special and Area Studies Collections, George A. Smathers Libraries, University of Florida Repository
George A. Smathers Libraries
PO Box 117005
Gainesville Florida 32611-7005 United States of America