Historic Preservation Institutes at the University of Florida Records
Scope and Content
The Preservation Institute Nantucket series is further divided into four subseries General files, Reports and terminal projects, Photographs, and AV. Many of the older PIN files, including earlier student projects and records belonging to directors of the program are not included in this collection, but can be found in other collections that are outlined in the "Related Materials" section of this finding aid.
The Preservation Institute Caribbean series primarily contains records belonging to one of the Institute's Directors, William Tilson. The records primarily relate to projects he worked on including those in Florida, Jamaica, Barbados, Antigua and Barbuda, and others.
No records from Preservation Institute St. Augustine (PISA) are included in the collection, but additions are expected in the future.
- 1972 - 2013
- University of Florida. College of Design, Construction and Planning. Historic Preservation. (Organization)
List of Directors:
- Blair Reeves (1972-1986)
- Ron Haase (1987-1988)
- Susan Tate (1989-1993)
- Wayne Drummond – Interim Director (1994)
- Herschel Shepard (1995-1996)
- Peter Prugh (1997-2008)
- Morris (Marty) Hylton III (2009-2012)
- Linda Stevenson (2013-2014)
- Morris (Marty) Hylton III (2015-2020)
- Linda Stevenson (2021-)
Preservation Institute St. Augustine (PISA) was also founded on the Preservation Institute Nantucket model and was created to offer specialized training in the documentation of historic buildings and laboratory analysis and conservation of architectural materials and finishes. The work of PISA informs ongoing efforts to preserve America’s oldest city.
UF College of Design, Construction and Planning, Historic Preservation. 2021. [online] Available at: https://dcp.ufl.edu/historic-preservation/ [Accessed 02 March 2021].
7 Linear Feet (9 boxes)
Language of Materials
Alternative Format Available
- Beinecke, Walter, Jr., 1918-2004.
- Caribbean Area.
- College students.
- Graham, Roy.
- Historic buildings.
- Historic preservation.
- Hylton, Morris, III.
- Massachusetts -- Nantucket.
- Reeves, F. Blair, 1922-
- Shepard, Herschel E.
- Tilson, William L.
- University of Florida. College of Design, Construction and Planning. Historic Preservation.
- electronic records (digital records)
- A Guide to the Historic Preservation Institutes at the University of Florida Records
- Finding aid created by Matt Kruse
- August 2021
- Description rules
- Finding Aid Prepared Using Dacs
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Description is written in English.
Part of the Special and Area Studies Collections, George A. Smathers Libraries, University of Florida Repository
George A. Smathers Libraries
PO Box 117005
Gainesville Florida 32611-7005 United States of America