J. Broward Culpepper Papers
Scope and Content
The J. Broward (John Broward) Papers relate to higher education in Florida and the state universities in particular.
- Culpepper, J. Broward, 1907- (Person)
The collection is open for research.
Educator. Born in Perry, Florida; attended the University of Florida, Gainesville. Principal, P.K. Yonge Laboratory School, Gainesville, 1935-1938; supervising principal in Leesburg and Tallahassee, 1940-1944; Dean of Students, Florida State University, 1947-1954; Executive Director, Florida Board of Control/Chancellor, State University System of Florida, 1954-1968.
12 Linear feet (32 Boxes)
Language of Materials
Miscellaneous papers relating to higher education in Florida, and the state universities in particular.
University of Florida Smathers Library Building
Gift of Dr. Culpepper.
- Association for Higher Education.
- Association of Governing Boards of State Universities and Allied Institutions.
- Education, Higher.
- Florida Atlantic University.
- Florida State University.
- Florida. Board of Regents.
- National Foundation for the Improvement of Education.
- University of Florida.
- University of West Florida.
- electronic records (digital records)
- A Guide to the J. Broward Culpepper Papers
- Finding aid prepared by Dept. Staff
- March 2005
- Description rules
- Finding Aid Prepared Using Dacs
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Description is written in English.
Part of the Special and Area Studies Collections, George A. Smathers Libraries, University of Florida Repository
George A. Smathers Libraries
PO Box 117005
Gainesville Florida 32611-7005 United States of America