Jean Cocteau Letters
Scope and Content
The collection includes 32 letters, dated 1912-1958, from Jean Cocteau to various recipients including Madeleine Le Chevrel and Henri Sarguet. There is one undated poem: "Le Printemps a Fond de la Mer."
- Majority of material found within 1912-1925
- Cocteau, Jean, 1889-1963. (Person)
The collection is open for research.
Jean Cocteau (1889-1963) was a French poet, novelist, playwright, artist and filmmaker.
0.02 Linear feet (32 folders)
Language of Materials
Letters written by Jean Cocteau to Madeleine Le Chevrel, Henri Sarguet, and others. Also includes a poem.
University of Florida Smathers Library Building
- A Guide to the Jean Cocteau Letters
- Finding aid created by Dept. Staff
- September 2011
- Description rules
- Finding Aid Prepared Using Dacs
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Description is written in English.
Part of the Special and Area Studies Collections, George A. Smathers Libraries, University of Florida Repository
George A. Smathers Libraries
PO Box 117005
Gainesville Florida 32611-7005 United States of America