Building Program Records of the Architect for the Board of Control
Scope and Content
This collection includes written records, photographs and some drawings of various building programs undertaken by the Board of Control of the State of Florida from 1925-1967. The majority of the collection consists of photographs, including prints and negatives, documenting the construction and completion of various projects. The building programs took place at the following educational institutions: The Florida School for the Deaf and Blind, Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (Florida A and M), Florida State University, and the University of Florida. Other subjects include the Museum of the American Circus, the homes of University Presidents, the Ringling Museum, Tallahassee and Sarasota buildings, Experiment Stations, the Seagle Building in Gainesville, as well as a group of unidentified negatives and prints. Also included are oversize photographs of Florida A and M and the Florida State College for Women circa 1930.
The majority of the written records can be found in the University of Florida Project Files, which consist of correspondence, contracts, bids, plans, reports, drawings, and blueprints pertaining to building projects on the UF campus and in Gainesville. Two sets of drawings are included for the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind.
Files are arranged alphabetically within each series, except for a large portion of the negatives which are filed according to negative numbers. A majority of the photographs and negatives are not dated, but most of the records found in the Project Files are dated.
- Florida. Board of Control. Architect. (Organization)
University Archives collections are available for research. Portions of the collections may be restricted due to the requirements of applicable state and federal laws, including but not limited to FERPA and HIPAA, and in accordance with best practices as defined by the Society of American Archivists.
3.2 Linear feet (10 boxes)
Language of Materials
Written records and photographs of various building programs undertaken by the Architect for the Board of Control of the State of Florida from 1925-1967.
University of Florida Smathers Library Building
- A Guide to the Building Program Records of the Architect for the Board of Control
- Finding aid created by Dept. Staff
- April 2007
- Description rules
- Finding Aid Prepared Using Dacs
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Description is written in English.
Part of the Special and Area Studies Collections, George A. Smathers Libraries, University of Florida Repository
George A. Smathers Libraries
PO Box 117005
Gainesville Florida 32611-7005 United States of America