Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Political and organizational papers of Maxine E. Baker during the years from 1934-1974.
Subject files belonging to women’s rights activist Polly Doughty, primarily documenting her activity in Gainesville during the 1970s and 1980s while working to promote women’s rights. Of particular note is the large volume of material related to the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA), the Florida/Gainesville Commission on the Status of Women (COSW), and the Florida League of Women Voters where she served as President for Alachua County.
The Records of the League of Women Voters of Florida document the League's activities related to increasing women's involvement in politics and improving Florida's legislation.
- Names: Florida League of Women Voters. X
- Florida. 2
- Politics and government. 2
- Apportionment (Election law). 1
- Equal rights amendments. 1
- Feminism. 1
- Florida -- Alachua County. 1
- Florida -- Gainesville. 1
- Florida -- Miami-Dade County. 1
- Mental health laws. 1
- Women -- Political activity. 1
- Women -- Societies and clubs. 1
- Women's rights. 1
- Women. 1 ∧ less
- Baker, Maxine E., 1898-1994. 1
- Doughty, Mary French (Polly), 1930-2017. 1
- Florida. Legislature. House of Representatives. 1