Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Administrative Policy Records of the University of Florida Office of the President (John James Tigert)
Administrative records of John James Tigert, third president of the University of Florida, including correspondence, memoranda, building construction records, reports, committee minutes, and other records.
Reminiscences of University of Florida Presidents Tigert, Miller, and Reitz. Also included are notes and miscellaneous materials on the life of Tigert as well as fragmented correspondence.
Personal correspondence, memorabilia, writings, and scrapbooks of John James Tigert, third president of the University of Florida. Also included are documents related to the Tigert and McTyeire families, including Tigert's father, Bishop John James Tigert (1856-1906), his mother, Amelia McTyeire Tigert, and Tigert's maternal grandfather, Bishop Holland Nimmons Mctyeire.
- Names: Tigert, John James, 1882-1965. X
- College presidents. 2
- College buildings. 1
- College sports. 1
- Florida -- Gainesville. 1
- Florida. 1
- Association of Land-Grant Colleges and Universities. 1
- Florida. Board of Regents. 1
- McTyeire, Holland Nimmons, 1824-1889. 1
- Methodist Episcopal Church, South. 1
- Miller, J. Hillis (Joseph Hillis), 1899-1953. 1