Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Administrative Records of the University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications Office of the Dean
Administrative records of the deans of the UF College of Journalism and Communications and its predecessor, the School of Journalism.
Letters to Caleb King as an editorial writer at the Florida Times-Union (arranged in a scrapbook), and other correspondence.
Papers relating to Charles H. Jones's role in drafting the 1892 and 1896 Democratic Party platforms, his career in journalism, as well as his correspondence to family and friends.
Lecture and research notes on the history of journalism in Florida. Among his research notes are two public opinion surveys on the reading, listening, and viewing habits of Gainesville residents and a history of Sigma Delta Chi at UF.
Printed copies of newspaper articles and e-mail correspondence from Lee Bidgood, Jr., environmentalist and columnist for the Observer based in New Smyrna Beach, FL.
Interviews by Lisa Barr, a newscaster at WUFT radio, with Rae Weimer, who talks about the formation of the College of Journalism, his years at PM newspaper, and his friendship with I. F. Stone.
Personal papers, correspondence, articles, books, and photographs from Ralph L. Lowenstein, Dean Emeritus of the University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications.
The papers contain the correspondence, writings (both prose and poetry), photographs, and cards of long-time Florida journalist, Russell Kay.
Papers and scrapbooks relating to Newton's career as managing editor of the Tampa Tribune (1943-1964).
- Subject: Journalism. X
- Journalism. 7
- Florida. 4
- Journalism -- Study and teaching. 2
- Journalism, College. 2
- correspondence 2
- newspapers 2
- Agriculture. 1
- American newspapers. 1
- Citrus fruit industry. 1
- Climatic changes 1
- Environmentalists. 1
- Florida -- Everglades. 1
- Florida -- Jacksonville. 1
- Florida -- New Smyrna Beach 1
- Florida -- Tampa. 1
- Newspaper editors. 1
- Newspaper publishing. 1
- Politics and government. 1
- Reconstruction (United States : 1865-1877). 1
- Revolution (Cuba: 1895-1898). 1
- Tourism. 1
- electronic records (digital records) 1 ∧ less
- University of Florida. College of Journalism and Communications. 3
- Bidgood, Lee, Jr., 1921-2013. 1
- Emig, Elmer Jacob. 1
- Florida Public Relations Association. 1
- Florida State Press Association. 1
- Florida Times Union (Jacksonville, Fla.). 1
- Jones, Charles H. (Charles Henry), 1848-1913. 1
- Kay, Russell, 1892-1977. 1
- King, Caleb Jewett, Sr., 1884-1965. 1
- Lowenstein, Ralph Lynn, 1930- 1
- Newton, Virgil Miller, 1904-1977. 1
- PM (New York, N.Y. : Daily) 1
- Sigma Delta Chi. University of Florida Chapter. 1
- Stone, I. F. (Isidor Feinstein), 1907-1989. 1
- Tampa Tribune (Firm). 1
- University of Florida. College of Journalism and Communications. Office of the Dean. 1
- WRUF (Radio station : Gainesville, Fla.). 1
- WUFT (Television station : Gainesville, Fla.). 1
- Weimer, Rae O. 1 ∧ less